NuImage Filmmaker Colby Thompson is on the cutting edge –
As wedding videos have progressed in the last decade I’ve noticed the stylistic changes that have been happening. Back when I used to edit on this old silver box the size of a printer called a KRON, basically an analogue editing machine but in the digital world, I remember cutting together videos that were very moment to moment, put to Claire de Lune and spanning two hours or more. These were the videos I knew even as I was editing them that only the bride or groom would ever watch, maybe their curious kids in the future, but the audience of these videos was small… kind of like a homemade summer vacation video.
In the couple of years what’s important to most people has changed. Folks like to share there experiences with friends and family they have more access to, and as the perception of what is an acceptable amount of time to spend on something in a digital space has shortened, so too have wedding videos. This is why Peter and I designed this wedding video package. Something that newlyweds can put on the Facebook or email to a friend. Something easily accessible and enjoyable. And with shortening the duration of the video the amount of time I can put into creating shots and setting up sliders or other dynamic elements has grown exponentially. Today I’m even more excited about the technology that’s allowed me to capture what would have cost tens of thousands of dollars only five years ago; aerial footage. With my four rotor copter and 4K resolution camera, I can set a scene or record a critical moment in a wedding day in a way that was inconceivable what feels like yesterday.
Check our new aerial wedding demo from a wedding I shot in early June with NuImage Entertainment! Talk to Peter if you’d like me to bring my drone along to your wedding and grab some breathtaking coverage of your day!
Here at NuImage Entertainment we have been lucky enough to attend and DJ many summer weddings over the years. Every season comes with its own level of risks, and the summer season is no exception. To help make sure your summer wedding goes off without any issues we’re sharing ten tips to help avoid any summer wedding breakdowns! Check out our tips below:
1. Choose an indoor-outdoor location. If you haven’t already booked your site, look for a reception site that offers indoor and outdoor party areas. This way, your guests can decide where they want to spend their time. If you have older or pregnant guest, this is particularly crucial. Additionally, having an indoor space available provides you the opportunity to move your reception inside if the weather takes a turn for the worst!
2. Wear a summer wedding gown made of lighter fabric, such as cotton organdy, chiffon, crepe, or silk. These fabrics will help you avoid swear stains, especially if you are wearing a tight gown. For men, choose a tuxedo fabric that breathes with an open-backed vest.
3. Pay close attention to the shoes you choose to wear. Go for style and function with a thicker heel that won’t sink into the grass. Also be cautious of shoes made of materials such as suede that you may not want to get wet from the grass outside.
4.Take advantage of natural shade. Ask the site manager to arrange seats and tables under the shade of trees, or with big table umbrellas to offer a cooler outside seating spot for your guests.
5. Be aware that your site may provide metal chairs for the ceremony or outdoor seating. Metal chairs can heat up and become very hot to the touch when outside. Plan to provide sear cushions or fabric slip covers for your guests’ seats. You don’t want your guests burning their butts!
6. Provide sunscreen and cooling agents for your guests. Set a spray bottle of high-SPF sunscreen and some paper or battery-run fans at each table. If your guests are willing to sit in the sun for you, that’s the least you can do!
7. Serve lots of ice water in stylish glasses with pretty slices of lemon, lime or orange. Who says your water can’t coordinate with your wedding colors? Fresh, ice-cold water is a must for a summer wedding.
8. Add frozen drinks to your bar menu. If the water doesn’t solve the heat issue, then these sure will. A summer wedding is a great excuse to offer some fun and unique drinks!
9. Make sure that the caterer stores all seafood, cheeses, and meats in super-cooled serving dishes, and that they keep replacing sun-warmed condiments with cooler, fresher supplies. Better safe than sorry as they say!
10. Keep your cake safe from mosquitos and from melting in the sun by asking the site staff to keep your cake in the refrigerator for the majority of the reception. This way, it will be fresh and cool when it’s time to cut the cake.
We hope you enjoyed our tips! Check out our website to learn more about our DJ & up-lighting services.
The NuImage Team
Music or not?!
Over the years, I have had the pleasure of performing at thousands of weddings and other events. Very often, clients automatically think a DJ equals dancing. While we love to make people dance, the more important concept to think about is how music can move people and create an atmosphere completely different than without music. In fact, many clients over the years have hired us for a small event with as little as 25 guests or an after work corporate outing understanding the importance of creating an atmosphere with music.
In these situations, we still use our knowledge and experience to read our audience and program a sequence of music that put your guests in a much different mood than if you decided to host your event without music. Also, it is important to note that hiring a professional DJ that can assess your audience and choose each and every song based on their demographic and body language, can absolutely make a difference in the success of the party even though “dancing” may not be an option.
So do not be fooled that no matter how small your event may be or the reason for your gathering, that adding music can and will make your guests remember your event in a completely different way !
After all – “music is the universal language of the world!”
Check out the two letters we received from clients who decided to add music to their events –
After 7 years without any entertainment at our pre- Marathon dinner for wounded Veterans in Boston we were lucky to have NuImage DJ the event for us this year. The difference in the atmosphere was amazing when compared to years past! Normally a fairly reserved evening that ends immediately after dinner, this year became more of a fun social evening just by having some well thought out background music. People hung around and socialized longer and actually were able to make some song requests as well. Having entertainment enhanced the evening for the team and their families and we happily asked NuImage to join us again next year!
– Jeremy Fucile, Achilles International Boston
The music ABSOLUTELY made a difference, in the entire atmosphere and feel of the event. Several people remarked to me how much more ‘professional’ the entire banquet seemed — because of the small details like ‘traveling’ music as awardees took their 30 second walk to the podium. Thirty seconds doesn’t sound like a long time, but it can seem like it when you’re an audience member just watching them do it. Also, the addition of the music outside in the cocktail reception was an unexpected, but wonderful addition. I never realized how stale an atmosphere we had at this banquet, until I experienced it with background music at the cocktail reception, and the musical inserts during the awards ceremony. Also, usually, after the last speech people bolt for the door. This time, they actually went to buy more drinks, and hung around talking and having fun. Yes, there was no dancing, but there was definitely more energy, excitement and celebratory atmosphere than we’ve ever had before.
– Michelle Corrado – President. MA Society of Health-System Pharmacists (MSHP)
Thanks for reading,
Peter Acolla & The NuImage Team!
Last Thursday we hosted our 2nd NuImage Lounge Wedding Event at Bella Sera Bridal & Occasions in Danvers, MA. We couldn’t have been more pleased with the outcome of the event. Everyone from our vendors to our models to the attendees had an outstanding time. We appreciate everyones support and enthusiasm as we grow this unique concept.
Stay tuned for more details on our 3rd NuImage Lounge Wedding Event coming this Fall. For now, please check out all our beautiful photos below, many taken by the talented Adriano Batti Photography.
Learn more about us at http://www.nuimagedj.com
Thanks, Peter & The NuImage Team!
I am sure everyone would agree with us when we say “we are SO READY for Spring.” To speed things up a bit we’re sharing our favorite flowers for any spring wedding. Check them out… they are sure to make you feel like spring is on its way or at least brighten your day!
Photo source: Pinterest
What do you think? Are your ready for Spring?
Thanks for reading,
The NuImage Team, http://www.nuimagedj.com